Well Seasoned’s Privacy Statement
This document declares the undertakings by Well Seasoned in relation to its handling of Your Data.
- Data Collection
- Changes to These Privacy Undertakings
Well Seasoned undertakes to collect Your Data by means that are:
- legal; and
If you visit Well Seasoned’s web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and Well Seasoned’s web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides may also be logged. This will be the case, for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in ‘cookies’ and submits them each time you request a web-page within a particular domain (such as Well Seasoned.com). This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
If you disclose personal data to Well Seasoned in conjunction with an identifier such as your name or your credit-card details, Well Seasoned will collect Your Data. Moreover, any data that becomes available to Well Seasoned through any of the means described in the preceding paragraphs may be able to be associated with that identifier, and hence become Your Data.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, Well Seasoned undertakes to collect Your Data from you and not from other parties. This undertaking is qualified as follows:
- where Well Seasoned reasonably considers that the protection of its financial interests requires that it gather YourData from other sources, or from additional sources. This applies in particular where Well Seasoned has a lending exposure to you, and seeks information about your creditworthiness;
- where Well Seasoned reasonably considers that its capability to deliver quality services to you will be materially enhanced by gathering YourData from other sources. This applies in particular to consumer profile data.
Where Well Seasoned collects Your Data from sources other than you, it undertakes:
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your Consent; and
- to declare to you what sources it uses, and under what circumstances.
Well Seasoned undertakes to declare the purpose of collection in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as ‘to support our operations’.
Changes to These Privacy Undertakings
Well Seasoned undertakes:
- not to materially change these Terms in a manner that reduces the protections for Your Data;
- to take all possible steps to prevent any company that acquires this company or any of its relevant assets from materially changing the Terms applicable to Your Data in a manner that reduces the protections for Your Data;
- where it is considering making changes to these Terms, or creating more specific Terms relating to specific services, to consult with appropriate representative and advocacy organisations;
- where it makes changes to these Terms, to ensure that the differences between successive versions are readily accessible;
- to maintain all prior versions of these Terms in such a manner that they are dated, and readily accessible.
Well Seasoned means Well Seasoned, the gourmet food retailer in Langley, British Columbia, Canada.
Your Data means data that is capable of being associated with you, whether or not it includes an explicit identifier such as your name or customer number. In particular, it encompasses all data that Well Seasoned is capable of correlating with you, using such means as server-logs and cookie-contents.
Your Data does not refer to data that can no longer be associated with you. This includes aggregated data that does not and cannot identify the individuals whose data are included in the aggregation.
Consent means your concurrence with an action to be taken by Well Seasoned. Consent may be express or implicit, but in either case must be informed and freely-given.
The elements of this Privacy statement were written using the Privacy Statement Template available at: http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/DV/PST.html
The elements used have not been altered, but only a small portion of the Privacy Statement Template was used.